Citation Formatting

Using the google docs addon, I would like to add citations that present in numbers. Ideally as superscripts.

Example adding in citations one by one looks like this (author1, year)(author2, year)(author3, year). I would want that to convert to something like this in pdf [1-3]. Or even better would be this.1-3 (with the numbers in superscript… I do not know how to do that here). Currently instead it looks like this [1] [2] [3] . With no blending citations together and with extra spaces.

What am I missing? Thank you!

@Keith_Dodd Sorry for the inconvinience, but this is not supported right now. We have added this to our list and will be supported in future releases.

Untill then, if you want desired results in LaTeX exported PDF, comple the document and download the LaTeX source code for it. Then edit the LaTeX code.

Editng LaTeX code should be fairly straigh forward as you just need to merged 3 different bracket contents in 1.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thank you for the reply and help. I can definitely work with that workaround for now. That addition would be very convenient, so thank you for adding to the list. By chance, do you have an estimate for when that might be functional? Or, how would I know when this becomes available?

Thanks again!

We will notify you on this thread once, its live.